maanantai 30. marraskuuta 2015

The root of suffering

Root: I will be denied my own love for myself. Reason: My physical appearance will not be accepted by others. Fix: Change my physical appearance through exercise, diet and grooming. Fear: I cannot uphold the expected physical appearance and will be attacked and abandoned.

Root: I will be denied my own love for myself. Reason: My writing and speaking about "enlightened and awakened stuff" will not be accepted by others. Fix: Write and talk as approachably as possible. Fear: What I say or write will not be accepted and I will be attacked and abandoned.

Root: I will be denied my own love for myself. Reason: I will not be able to maintain the level of love, peace and unwavering mental stability that I talk about and will not be accepted by others. Fix: Attempt to maintain the level artificially at times. Fear: I cannot maintain it and I will be attacked and abandoned.

Root: I will be denied my own love for myself. Reason: My body will die. Fix: Avoidance. Fear: I cannot avoid death forever.

We spend most of our lives tangled up in this web of 'reasons, fixes and fears' and it causes us suffering. The only lasting solution is to go directly to the root and to never deny our love for ourselves. It's easier said than done, but any step in that direction will bring us closer to our true identity, closer to home.

By uprooting the denial of love we notice that our whole time-bound identity was based on the web of "root, reasons, fixes and fears': "I am this physical appearance, I am this enlightened writer, I am this always loving, peaceful and mentally unwavering person".

We're brought back into the eternal moment of now. As the eternal moment of now is further explored, it's discovered that existence is not limited to the body, but it's boundless and contains everything within it. It's discovered that the nature of this boundless existence is unconditional love for all that it contains.

We notice that it was the fear that love could be lost that created the illusion of us as time-bound separate beings in the first place. We notice that not even the death of the body can deny ourselves of our love, because we are eternal infinite love.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Follow by Email