sunnuntai 3. huhtikuuta 2016

Healing the wounds of sorrow

We humans hold so many secrets. Words of affection left unwhispered in the ears of our brothers and a fears left uncried in the arms of our sisters.

We hold them in even as our hearts are bursting with love and our souls are crushed by our worries. We cover them with an armor of shallow smiles and fleeting pleasures and posessions.

I too fear the faults in my body. The wrong weights and sizes, the odd colors and shapes. But deep down I know it is not them I fear, but the laughter and ridicule of my fellow humans.

I too fear the actions and words of my past. The hurt spoken in a flash of anger or the sorrow sown in a drunken stupor. But deep down I know it is not them I fear, but the unforgiveness and hate of my fellow humans.

I too fear the consequences of my speech. The outlandish claims of conspiracy and strange pictures of reality. But deep down I know it is not them I fear, but the mockery and abandonment of my fellow humans.

I too fear to show affection and to offer comfort. To say “I love you” and “you are beautiful” and to ask "can I help you?" when the words arise. But deep down I know it is not them I fear, but the discontent and cold shoulder of my fellow humans.

What we yarn is to walk among all of humanity in all of our nakedness. To smile at a stranger, to comfort a passerby, to cry on the shoulder of our neighbor.

To stand amid our brothers and sister in all of our physical and emotional rawness and proclaim: “Here I am as I am! Please do not judge me, please forgive me, please let me love you!”

All of our ridicule, unforgiveness, hate, mockery and abandonment of our fellow humans is the desperate cry of our buried love and fear.

Let us heal our wounds of sorrow together. One tear and one hug at a time.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Follow by Email